There’s no doubt about it that everyone can make use of a few extra apartment cleaning tips. There are so many aspects that contribute to a clean apartment, including appliances, windows, carpets, and bathrooms, among many others. You should touch on all of these areas in order to keep your apartment as spotless as possible.
It can be difficult to find free time to clean, but the sooner you get it done, the more time you will have to relax and not feel stressed about any messes in your apartment home.
Perhaps you have unexpected guests coming over, recently threw a party, or just feel the need to clean up. Whether you typically try to avoid cleaning at all costs or if you are the biggest of neat freaks, these 8 useful tips will leave your apartment squeaky clean in no time.
1. Wipe down all mirrors! It can be easy to forget about the mirrors in your apartment, but all it takes is a few minutes and some glass cleaner to end up with shiny, gleaming mirrors. Don’t have glass cleaner? Use vinegar and newspaper instead.
2. Got bad carpet stains? For dirt and food stains, just grab an iron and some vinegar. Spray the spot with a solution of 2 parts water and 1 part vinegar. Place a damp rag on the stain and hold the iron on the steam setting for about 30 seconds. Repeat this a few times if the stain is really deep.
3. Use a hair dryer to get rid of water rings on wood furniture. All you have to do is set the hair dryer at medium heat and hold it about 2 inches above the stain. Wipe the stain with a cloth napkin and the ring will disappear!
4. Nothing is worse than a dusty apartment. Use a lint roller to dust off your pillows and lampshades. You will be very satisfied!
5. Deep clean your microwave. The microwave is a much-used home appliance and it is important to keep it clean. Slice up some lemon and place it in a microwave safe bowl with a splash of vinegar. Heat the solution for 5 minutes and then use it to wipe down your microwave. The toughest of food stains will come right out!
6. Use coffee filters to wipe down streaks and smudges on your television and computer screens. Being able to watch the big game with a clean screen will make a big difference!
7. Clean your showerhead and toilet bowl while you sleep! Before heading to bed, place a bag filled with vinegar over your showerhead and throw in citrus flavored Kool-Aid powder into your toilet bowl. Swirl around the powder with a toilet bowl brush and the acid will clean tough stains overnight.
8. Dealing with stains from your pets or the aftermath of a recent party? You may be in need of a deep carpet cleaning. Hire a professional like Sears Carpet Cleaning Service. A professional carpet cleaning service will leave your carpets looking brand new. This is an especially good idea for any stains that you have no clue how to deal with.
Apartment cleaning can sometimes be a pain, but using these tips will leave you with a clean, shiny apartment that you will look forward coming home to. Your mirrors will be gleaming, your bathroom will feel brand new, and your carpets will be stainless. The best part is, many of these tips only require simple products and ingredients from your home.
If you don’t feel like spending the whole day cleaning up, a great idea is to break it up and complete two or three tips a day. Happy cleaning!