It’s officially fall – and that means pumpkin lattes, muffins, breads, pies – those bulbous orange orbs will soon find their way into just about everything, so why not make the most of it? Here, the top 10 pumpkin recipes you can make at home:
10. Pumpkin Cinnamon Streusel Pancakes. This looks like a great recipe for holiday company – I’ll have to make a few practice batches before then, though, just to make sure I have the recipe down perfectly.
9. Roasted Pumpkin Soup. This recipe combines roasted pumpkin, an onion, shiitake mushrooms, a clove of garlic, olive oil, pepper, and vegetable stock to make a delicious, creamy soup. This looks warm, comforting and delicious – just in time for those chilly autumn evenings.
8. Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins. Fluffy muffins with a cream cheese filling and a streusel topping made with cinnamon and pecans.
7. Warm Pumpkin Salad with Polenta. Cinnamon, pomegranate juice, and candied pumpkin seeds – this salad will quickly become a fall favorite.
6. Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Spicy Caramel Apple Sauce – If you are planning a fall brunch or if you have a covered-dish event at work or at your apartment community — this dish will be the star of any food event.
5. Classic Pumpkin Pie. It’s a holiday tradition for a reason. It’s delicious – but it’s also easy.
4. Pumpkin Scones. Picture a chilly fall day, a hot cup of coffee, and this delicious scone with berry butter. Even better – they are easy to make.
3. Pumpkin Flan. There’s something about a rich, creamy flan and caramel sauce … it isn’t as difficult to make flan as you may think – and it is well worth the effort.
2. Pumpkin Cupcakes. Everyone loves cupcakes, so make a batch of these cupcakes and top them with cream cheese frosting before any fall get-together (including those tailgate parties!).
1. Pumpkin Fudge. White chocolate chips, marshmallow crème, and pecans come together to make a treat you won’t want to share.