It’s hard to believe pool season is upon us! The warm weather, beautiful sunshine and clear blue skies are clear indications the pool is beckoning for your presence. Living in an apartment community with a pool provides the opportunity to swim whenever you have free time this summer, so we’ve compiled a list of items you need for getting ready for pool season:
- Beach/pool bag: You’ll need something to carry all your pool-side necessities.
- Sunscreen: Being exposed to the sun is dangerous for your skin, so it’s imperative you stay protected. The higher the SPF (sun protection factor) means the longer your skin’s protected, but it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re gaining MORE protection.
- First-aid kit: Accidents happen, so be prepared! Stock up on waterproof bandages for small cuts and scrapes, bug spray to keep the mosquitoes away, and eye and ear drops to relieve irritation or prevent possible infections.
- Entertainment: Buy a variety of inflatable floats, rafts, and balls. A pool volleyball net is a good investment, too.Your friends and family will love you for having fun toys to play with in the pool. When you’re lounging on your own, books, magazines and some good tunes on your iPhone, iPad, etc will keep you entertained.
- Snacks: Re-energize yourself at the pool with various snacks! Choose foods that stay intact in the sun, like potato chips, crackers and fruit. An ice chest is perfect to keep sandwiches from spoiling and will keep drinks cold, and it helps keep all your drinks and snacks in one place.
- Clothing and accessories: Towels, swimsuits and swimming trunks are obviously a must, but you’ll want to have a few to choose from throughout the summer, especially if you plan to be at the pool on nearly a daily basis. Buy a one or two pairs of cheap flip-flops to walk to and from the pool and your apartment, a few pairs of sunglasses to protect your eyes, and a wide-brimmed hat or cap for further protection. Also, invest in a spare deodorant, comb, cologne, perfume and favorite makeup essentials specifically to keep in your pool bag.
Gather your essentials now, and you’ll be ready for the pool at any given moment. The summer is the time to create lifelong memories, and you can do just that at your apartment community pool. If you chose your apartment community precisely for the pool, take advantage of it. If you’re looking for a place to live in your city with a pool, check out some of the options at ApartmentFinder.com!